As coronavirus rates continue to spiral upwards across the UK, two small groups of mask-less conspiracy loons decided to take to the streets of London to demand their right to infect people at will.
The first group of 30 people or so had set up in Whitehall, where a ranting Welsh woman shouted out an incredibly long and incoherent speech while stood next to a bloke dressed – appropriately – in a clown outfit.
This woman with a cut-out mask offered up a whole smorgasbord of on-trend conspiracy memes.
The Bill Gates one is particularly off the scale in stupidity,
The gathering was very small indeed.
There was a slightly bigger assembly in Leicester Square where some 250 covid deniers/Trump fans/conspiracy afficiandos had gathered.
No one in the crowd was wearing a mask.
Interestingly for a march that was supposedly all about personal freedom of choice, several protesters took great exception to my personal choice to wear a mask. One even went a far as to suggest he was going to come over and rip mine off.
For a more informed view: Face masks: what the data say
The ‘chipped’ stuff is seriously unhinged, especially when you can just about guarantee they’ll be carrying around a phone that already tracks their every movement.
You can’t help but wonder what a ‘mandatory Satanic vaccine’ might do.
No idea what this one is about.
There was even a 5G banner there!
Yes, really. Comparing a pub closing early with the tyranny of a fascist Nazi regime.
- Coronavirus, 5G, anti-mask and other conspiracy theories – an essential read for rebutting social media madness
- UK anti-vaxx ‘freedom’ morons, protests and QAnon idiots (discussion)
Join the forum discussions
- Brixton and coronavirus: help, news, discussion (over 500 posts)
- Coronavirus in the UK – news, lockdown and discussion (19,000 posts)
- Coronavirus – worldwide breaking news, discussion, stats, updates and more (8,000 posts)
- General Coronavirus (COVID-19) chat (3,000 posts)
- Coronavirus meme/panic/fear mongering general thread (5,000 posts)
- Coronavirus: music festivals, big gigs, sports events and big gatherings – going ahead and cancelled (19,000 posts)
- View all threads in the Coronavirus forum(COVID-19) (70,000 posts)
- Physical distancing, face masks, and eye protection to prevent person-to-person transmission of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 (Lancet)
- Face masks: what the data say
- Oxford COVID-19 study: face masks and coverings work – act now
- Science says: Wear a mask
- Do face masks really reduce coronavirus spread?
- Why scientists say wearing masks shouldn’t be controversial
- Face Masks Really Do Matter. The Scientific Evidence Is Growing