Then and Now: Loughborough Park/Moorland Road
Photographic comparisons of old and modern views of Lambeth
c. 1921 Unusually, Loughborough Park was a Y-shaped road running from Coldharbour Lane to Somerleyton Road, with a branch connecting with Barrington Road. This view was taken at the branch looking down towards the junction with Coldharbour Lane. The railway bridge in the far distance was perviously known as Loughborough Park, but now bears the label 'East Brixton Station'.
(pic: Lambeth Archives)
Dec 2003 The branch was renamed Moorland Road in the 1970s, with all the houses on the left hand side being demolished to make way for council housing and the infamous Barrier Block. Most of the fine Georgian houses on the right hand side remain intact and in excellent condition.
« back to history homepage next page »