Street sign, St. Mary the Less church
Situated on the wonderfully named, Trumpington Street, there's been a place of worship on this site since at least the early 12th century.
The current building dates back to 1352, although it's been heavily restored over the years, with a 1741 refit adding wooden panelling, box-pews, choir gallery and a central pulpit (still in use).
Photos: © urban75 2003
urban75 - community - action - mag - photos - tech - music - drugs - punch - football - offline club - brixton - london - new york - useless - boards - help/FAQs -
© - design - contact - sitemap - search|