Previously used as a burial ground and then as a public gallows and execution ground, the square was built in 1826.
The 77 ft (23.4m) Washington Arch was added in 1895, which cars could drive through until 1971.
It had become a very unpleasant and dangerous drug dealing centre in the 80s, but has since been considerably cleaned up.
» See 360º panorama
urban75 - community - action - mag - photos - tech - music - drugs - punch - football - offline club - brixton - london - new york - useless - boards - help/FAQs -
© - design - contact - sitemap - search|