Smeaton Pier Lighthouse
This small lighthouse stands at the end of Smeaton's Pier, guarding the harbour.
Built on the original 1770 construction, the pier was doubled in length in 1890 as the fishing trade grew immensely.
At the start of the pier stands the medieval St Leonard's Chapel, where fishermen prayed before going to sea.
The resident friar was paid in fish!
urban75 - community - action - mag - photos - tech - music - drugs - punch - football - offline club - brixton - london - new york - useless - boards - help/FAQs -
© - design - contact - sitemap - search|