Wellington statue, Brecon town square
Dominating the town square is an 1854 statue of the Duke of Wellington, standing outside a hotel of the same name.
A plethora of narrow streets lead to the town square, which is lined with attractive Georgian buildings.
'Brecon' is an anglicised form of Brycheiniog, the Welsh name of the territory of Brychan, a Goidelic chieftain, who gained possession of the Usk valley in the 5th century.
In Welsh, the town has always been called Aber-Honddu (the estuary of the Honddu)
urban75 - community - action - mag - photos - tech - music - drugs - punch - football - offline club - brixton - london - new york - useless - boards - help/FAQs -
© - design - contact - sitemap - search|