Lost pubs: OLD QUEENS HEAD
133 Stockwell Road, SW9 9TQ Location map
Now called Sri Lanka House, the Old Queens Head was built in 1852.
The pub closed some time ago, with the premises being run as a club for many years, under such names as Tropical and the Zbud Bar and Brasserie.
Until fairly recently, two short lengths of rail were embedded in the cobbled drive leading into the yard. Laid in 1882, these were used by horse trams which turned off Stockwell Road into a tram shed behind the pub.
« back to Lost Pubs homepage