Map of Brixton area, 1870
Detail from the Ordnance Survey Map of Brixton and Herne Hill, 1870.
Note that Brixton station was then known as Brixton and South Stockwell Station, and that Canterbury Road (now Canterbury Crescent/Valentia Place) once continued into Coldharbour Lane.
The fine-sounding Brixton Lodge, with its large wooded gardens and arched driveway, has now been replaced by a row of somewhat less glamourous shops.
Order full size maps from Alan Godfrey Maps
« Back to history homepage Map of Brixton area, 1894 »