Parish church of St Mary the Virgin
This current building dates from the 14th century, although it has undergone extensive restoration over the years.
In 1827, Sir Charles Barry - the architect renown for his work on the Houses of Parliament - rebuilt the church, adding an octagonal structure to replace the earlier leaded spire (this was later removed).
Inside, the ancient font has been in use for six hundred years.
all photos©urban75 2002
urban75 - community - action - mag - photos - tech - music - drugs - punch - football - offline club - brixton - london - new york - useless - boards - help/FAQs -
© - design - contact - sitemap - search|