Brixton trams: Brixton Road
Some views from the tram age around Brixton
c.1910 A tram powered by an overhead cable system trundles along Gresham Road, Brixton on the Loughborough Junction route.
After electric trams started up in May 1903, overhead cables had been replaced by road conduits for most routes around Brixton.
c.1910 Tram 845 from Victoria ziping up Effra Road, also using an overhead cable.
Tram no 814 comes to the top of Brixton Hill near Dumbarton Road, on a route formerly powered by San Francisco-style cable cars.
Tram numbers 841 and 425 outside Telford Avenue tram depot, heading towards Streatham.
Trams on Brixton Road looking south by the junction with Coldharbour Lane.
(pictures courtesy of Lambeth Archives)
« back to history homepage next page »