Seen strutting along Whitehall, music blaring and arms aloft was this fella who had a Big Message for everyone.
Happily he had no microphone – he let his banner do the talking – but his portable speaker in a shopping trolley was blaring out religious songs as he perambulated towards Parliament Square.
He seemed to like being photographed, so I took a few snaps and let him get on his wavey way.
More street preachers:
If you’ve got a penchant for seeing pics of street preachers in action, check out our huge collection taken on the mean streets of Brixton, south London:
- The quiet one mumbling away in a folding chair, Oct 2020
- The incomprehensible one on Pope’s Road, Oct 2020
- The backstreet prowler, Oct 2020
- The perambulating, passionate one, Sept 2020
- The one with the echo effect, Sept 2020
- The one with the built in billboard, Jan 2020
- The Silent One, Nov 2019
- The full-blown sermon in Windrush Square, May 2019
- The the high speed bloke with the crash helmet and twenty quid notes
- The grim-faced couple and the Muslim vs Christian argument, April 2018
- Jehovah’s and other preachers, June 2017
- It’s not about me, it’s about Jesus!
- The Don’t Leave It Too Late supermarket persuader
- Happy Mormons with their big banner, Brixton Road
- The double act, Dec 2015
- Maracas for Jesus, March 2016
- The all-weather street singers of Atlantic Road, Brixton
- Brixton 1 – Twelve Tribes of Israel 0. Homophobic street preachers forced out of Windrush Square
- Carlton Warren, ex-boxer
- Brixton Street Preachers: the return of the one with the really loud sound system
- Pentecostal Church belt out the tunes on Acre Lane
- The bagpipe wielding Korean Christians
- The Winner Or Sinner Evangelist, 2000