Then and Now: L'boro Jc: Coldharbour Lane/L'boro Rd
Photographic comparisons of old and modern views of Lambeth.
c. 1930 Another view of Loughborough Junction, with Loughborough Road intersecting Coldharbour Lane to the left. Note the sempahore railway signal on the overhead railway bridge and the sidecar motorcyclist. The white-painted building to the right of the railway is a branch of the Midland Bank.
(pic: Lambeth Archives)
July 2003 A huge chunk of the corner building has vanished leaving the old bank building isolated. The postbox (to the left) is one of the few constants remaining in this scene.
« back to history homepage next page »