Then and Now: Loughborough Road, Brixton North
Photographic comparisons of old and modern views of Lambeth
1905 View looking along Loughborough Road towards Coldharbour Lane from the junction with Akerman and Lilford Road. The White Hart public house is just off the picture on the left.
(pic: Lambeth Archives)
June 2004 Nearly a hundred years have passed and the scene has changed out of all recognition.
The massive demand for housing after the second world war led to considerable redevelopment, with several tower blocks being constructed in the nearby area.
The White Hart has now been converted to flats.
« back to history homepage next page »