Then and Now: Old dairy, Canterbury Rd/Pope's Road
Photographic comparisons of old and modern views of Lambeth
c 1912 A scene of the delightful London, Gloucestershire and North Hants Dairy on the corner of Canterbury Rd and Pope's Road. Milk would have been brought up to London by train and then delivered to the local area by hand cart or horse-cart. Note the Bon Marché tower in the background.
(pic: Lambeth Archives)
Nov 2003 Sadly, the fine dairy building has been demolished and replaced with a functional but truly bland modern high rise block, accommodating local government offices.
« back to history homepage next page »